Tuesday 9 September 2008

The Sad Loss of Plastic/ Plastic needs

Largely through my own stupidity, my bag was stolen last night. In the bag (among other things) were:

-passport
-driving license
-6 library cards
-bankcard
-phone
-deodorant
-defrizzing hair cream
-concealer
-eyeliner pencils

So without thinking I cancelled my phone, ordering a new simcard, and cancelled the bankcard, ordering another. THESE ARE MADE OF PLASTIC. I have a spare phone I think so don't need a whole new one, but I can't do my research without a library card, can't leave the country without a passport (one likes to always have the option), need a driving license at some point (those who've had the privilege of a lift might disagree on this one). I was hoping to avoid the cards/phone issue for the three months by not needing any during that time period... Perhaps I'll see if the library can come up with an alternative for me...

The loss of deodorant means I can try the one I bought from LUSH a while ago, and the hair stuff means I can have a go at aloe vera, so that is good.

I'm just now pondering if rucksacks always have plastic on/in them somewhere.

The makeup issue is seriously stretching my vanity. This may seem ridiculous but really, how can I go outside without smothering layers of filler into my eyebags?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't rucksacks mostly made entirely of plastic?

You might find an old one in a charity shop, with metal buckles, etc. I remember that, about 10 years ago, cotton rucksacks were really cool.

Alternatively, you could try making your own. Sewing 'cotton' tends to be synthetic and on a plastic spool, though...

LankyAnglican said...

manufacture some make-up. That would be fun!

Rose said...

Did you find a rucksack? I have 3, and you're welcome to have/borrow one if you like